Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Repped at Last

That's right, folks. Yesterday, I signed with a literary manager at a major company.

At our brief but wonderful meeting, my manager and I worked out a basic plan: I'll send her my scripts this week, we'll pick the best of my ideas to write next, and she'll get to work finding a buyer for my scripts while I get to work writing her a new script.

It's a little scary how simple this all is -- From now on, I just keep writing and working with my manager. That's my job. I'm sure I'll find a way to get used to it :)

And it's all thanks to you. I am announcing right here and now that I landed official representation as a screenwriter in Hollywood because of this blog.

Since 2009, I have shared with you my latest endeavors as an emerging writer-director via Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. Through this blog, I was able to share exciting news, socialize with friends old and new, and make the necessary connections that lead to meeting my manager.

More details coming as I am allowed to divulge them, but most importantly, thank you all so much for your shares, comments, and support. This wouldn't be possible without you.

Now, I need to get back to a new draft for my manager... but damn, that felt good to write.

3 comments:

  1. This is so amazing, Nate! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, so, so, so awesome. huuuuge congrats. can't wait to see what's next for you.

    ReplyDelete