Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Life after "Another Life"

After 3 awards, 12 official selections, and 18 months on the film festival circuit, the time has come to put Another Life on the shelf and move on.

Another Life holds a very special place in my heart. A talented cast. A brilliant crew. And fantastic audiences. Making this film and taking it to festivals has been one of the most magical experiences of my life... but this chapter has come to an end.

Now I must write the next chapter, starting with:
  • 2 Managers requested my scripts after I made Finalist at the Page Awards
  • 1 Director requested my scripts through a friend
  • 1 Distributor from a film festival requested my scripts
  • 2 Producers from the Austin Screenwriting Conference requested my scripts

From now on, this blog is dedicated to my uphill battle as an emerging screenwriter in L.A.

With all this professional interest in my screenplays -- a girl-power action-thriller Furious Angels and a low-budget horror Red Snow -- I'm putting down my mantle as a director (for now!) to pursue a career as a working screenwriter of thrillers and family dramas.

All I have are 2 scripts, a bunch of hard-working filmmakers for friends, and a head full of ideas.

But I hereby vow to find representation, sell those scripts, and write for Hollywood for a living --and you'll be the first to hear about it, every step of the way.

Here I go, turn the page.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to you! I will continue lurking on this blog to see what cool things you create in your life in the future.

    ReplyDelete