Just a few days away -- Another Life plays at the Big Bear Lake Film Festival this Friday, Sept. 16th at 12 noon at Village Theaters North (602 Pine Knot Avenue, Big Bear Lake, CA)!
I'm really looking forward to this festival -- and you should too! Here's why:
1) Named one of MovieMaker Magazine's Top 25 Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, the Big Bear Lake International Film Festival will host an exciting weekend jam-packed with gala parties, panels, showcases, and more -- just 2 hours out of Los Angeles!
You also might get a chance to meet veteran "that-guy" actor Stephen Tobolowsky (Groundhog Day, Memento), Oscar-winning Composer Michael Giacchino (Up, Ratatouille), and award-winning cinematographer John Bailey (Ground Hog Day, Mishima) at the Opening Night Gala!
Why believe me? Check out this cool Film Festival Trailer:
2) Another Life also screens with Twelve, a romantic drama about a successful real estate agent who, against all logic and advice, travels to Italy to find the one girl he could never let go... his first love. Check out the website here and trailer below:
3) Another Life also screens with The Right Turn, a coming of age comedy about the trials of dating. An insecure high school boy takes a girl out on a date and couldn't seal the deal with a kiss. Frustrated, he powers on the GPS which mysteriously does more than guide him home. Check out the website here and trailer below:
4) Another Life also screens with Hero, a touching drama about a 12-year-old girl raised by an alcoholic mother in a poor neighborhood who loses everything, asking a question: "Will there be a hero when you need one?" Check out the website and trailer here.
5) Another Life also screens with The Death of Toys, a comedy about ten year-old Seth who wants to give up his toys, but his work-numbed mother Lily needs the spark of their playtime more than he does. Her insistence that he keep the toys leads to some unexpected places. Check out the website here.
Five reasons to go. Three days away. Just one ticket to buy...