Tuesday, August 2, 2011

We Got into the Traverse City Shorts Festival!

After weeks drifting through the Hollywood doldrums, yesterday was TERRIFIC:
  • I applied for a job in the morning and got an interview that afternoon.
  • I turned my phone back on after the interview and got a call scheduled with an agent!
  • I came home, opened up my email, and found out that Another Life was just selected for its ninth film festival: the 2011 Traverse City Shorts Festival!
And once again, the best part is how we got in. Read closely, friends and fans:

As you may remember, Another Life was invited to the Big Easy Int'l Film Festival, we had a wonderful screening in December... and then I moved on to other festivals...

Five months later, I suddenly get this email:
We are launching a new shorts festival in Traverse City, Michigan, and are looking for some great short film submissions.


For you to submit the film that you screened in the 2010 Big Easy International Film Festival, all you need to do is go to the website (listed above) and fill out the online submission form in the "Submit" section. We are waiving the fee for you.

Since I already have your films on DVD, there is no need for you to send your film in... just fill out the online form.
I look forward to passing your films on to our programmers.
Free Film Festival Submission? Nothing to mail? Seriously? I mean, hell, why not submit? So I applied online... and months passed by... and I gave up hope. Then I get this email:
Nathan,

We wanted to let you know that we accepted "Another Life" into this year's Traverse
City Shorts Festival.

I will be sending a series of emails this week to inform you about all of
the details, what we need from you, etc.

Glad to have you on board for what we hope will be a fun event.
Moral of the story: Follow up, folks. Follow. Up.

For more on this fabulous new film festival check out TraverseCityShortsFestival.com . So Michigan fans, mark your calendars for Friday through Sunday, September 16th to 18th for the new Slamdance of Traverse City, screening shorts at the cozy Park Place Hotel.

I continue to be amazed by our Little Short Film That Could. My lifelong gratitude goes to the best cast and crew on the planet and of course my ever-supportive family, friends, and fans! My hat goes off to you. No, seriously, have my hat.

So stay tuned for more details on Traverse City, the job interview, and the agent call!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I'm happy for you. I think there was something in the air yesterday--I finished my chainmaille kimono, a necklace project of mine was accepted into a magazine and my favorite improviser agreed to have a sit-down with me to talk improv. It's like all the sorrows of July evaporated in an instant. It just goes to show you that if you take risks and keep working anything can happen.

    ReplyDelete