So while I was looking forward to meeting brand new people to take on brand new projects, people from my past popped back up and showed me the way.
- a sharp co-worker asked if I was interested in rewriting a feature (um, yes!)
- a blogger and TV writer asked me to help shoot some web videos (again, yes!)
- a friend from film school asked me join in on a film related podcast (how cool!)
- a great friend and talented musician asked me to make a music video with him (okay, of course, but now I might need a clone to do all of this too)
- a talented actress who saw Another Life in May last year looked me up again to ask about my next projects (always good to have talented fans!)
- a friend and brilliant writer asked for notes on her script and now wants to read my scripts and go out to dinner (movie talk over food... mmm)
Law #1 of Hollywood: Follow up.
Oh yeah, and be friendly about it. The only way I think I was able to rack up any of this good karma was by trying to always behave in a fun and professional manner.
In other news, I recently accomplished one of my New Year's ambitions: finishing another feature script. And tomorrow I have a meeting with a manager. Wish me luck!
P.S. Speaking of passing along good karma, download these awards-contending feature screenplays while you still can!