Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Comes Early

This week, I finished the First Ten Pages of my Writing Assignment.

Some of you may ask, "Really? Just the first ten?" Well as many professionals have said, the first ten pages of a screenplay are the most important.

The first ten pages are the first and ONLY chance you get breaking in. Hell, the first three. And with this assignment, I have to deal with subtitles, flashbacks, AND voice over, perhaps the three biggest No-Nos for an unknown writer...

And dammit, these first ten pages will suck in the most bitter, skeptical reader in Hollywood.

Now that I've thoroughly outlined the entire script, mastered the first ten pages, and received the go-ahead from the producer, I'll be pumping out pages like a machine till Christmas.

Also, check out tomorrow's DVD Release for IN/SIGNIFICANT OTHERS:
A multi-narrative drama in the vein of Crash that navigates through the different lives in a small North Carolina town -- an Iraq War vet returned home to an emotionally disturbed wife, a new father living in the shadow of a successful brother, a sister caught up in a web of addiction, and an overly ambitious cameraman exploiting everyone's dirty secrets -- all of whom are connected to the same murder investigation. As the subtle manipulation of every relationship is exposed, the search for truth turns into a gritty struggle of a life and death.
This film was EASILY the best drama I've seen in my festival run. A must-see for any aspiring indie filmmaker. So check it out!

Available tomorrow at Amazon, Target, Netflix, and Blockbuster.

Low Point of the Week:
My boss showed a recent cut of a project to his Agent and bragged about the great work I did on it. My boss said, "Look out, Nate! He's going to poach you!" The agent then offered me his card -- then took it back, laughing at me. You know, he just offered to represent me and kick start my career -- as a joke.

High Point of the Week: Well it's really YOUR high point. Feeling in the Holiday Spirits, I will extend the following offer for the rest of 2010:

If you haven't seen Another Life yet, and you'd love to have you very own copy, then Christmas has come early for you. Just send me an e-mail at anotherlifefilm@gmail.com with your postal address and I will mail you a DVD or 2 as soon as my schedule allows.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

See you on Tuesdays from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment