Monday, November 15, 2010

Bye, Bye Social Life

This past week, I have:
  • clocked in a 40 hour work week
  • guided research on several TV projects
  • chugged along on the Writing Assignment
  • submitted materials to the Big Easy International Film Festival
  • submitted to 3 more film festivals
  • went out to drinks with 4 cool filmmakers
  • did some Voice Over work for a TV pilot
  • went to see a Kabuki play, the "Ghost of Oyuki" -- so much fun!
Highlight #1 of the Week: My boss wants to shoot our next project before we close shop on December 3rd. So with Thanksgiving on its way, and an investors meeting coming even sooner, he asked me to package and lock up two more TV shows by the end of this week.

It's an awesome challenge and I'm very excited to take it on.

Highlight #2 of the Week: I finally got the greenlight for the Writing Assignment with a Christmas deadline or earlier (since most of Hollywood will be skiing by December 17th).

Then the script's producer mentioned:

"Oh yeah, I just got off the phone with one of the head lit agents at XXX [one of the Big Five agencies in L.A.] who wants to read it as soon as it's done."
So yeah... I'm going to forsake my social life until I finish this rewrite... because if the script's good enough, I just might get an agent for Christmas.

1 comment: