Saturday, July 4, 2009

Day #19: Always Working


Happy 4th of July everyone!

While I am heading out to go see my little hometown parade with the wife, and I'll probably be enjoying the standard fare of barbecue and fireworks, I will still be working.

There's a great scene in a brilliant an little known foreign horror film THEM, in which a cute young teacher comes home to her loving husband, a writer, who's at work on his next book.

She asks him to stop working so they can eat dinner. He smiles and says, "A writer is always working." He saves his work and closes the application. "I'm still working." He shuts down his laptop and closes it. "I'm still working." He chases after his wife, laughing as he tickles her. "And I'm still working."

No matter how hard I try, in the back of my mind, I will always be thinking about Another Life. I'm always working. Which reminds me of an idea for a good shot... where's that pen...

No comments:

Post a Comment