Friday, July 3, 2009

Day #18: Holiday Weekend Homework

Cinematography meeting is postponed to Monday.

Which is good. Kind of. The Tone Book is done, and I'm quite proud of it, but the shot lists aren't done and need some good, hard work.

I will be working all weekend on the shot lists as well as Camera Movement clips for the tone book and another draft of the script.

I met with my mentor, Pablo, Thursday at 6 PM. My dialogue scenes with Scott and Angela aren't quite there. He gave me some good pointers: Scott has the gift of the gab while Angela is never comfortable speaking. He also helped me figure out a more devastating and real dialogue exchange for the balcony scene.

And there's so much to do in the next two weeks: we have until July 17th to greenlight the film. To do that we need:
  • a final script (working on it)
  • a final budget
  • a final schedule
  • storyboards
In those documents is the built-in hard work that we have locked locations and all key crew members (stunt coordinator, make-up, studio teacher, and more), we've fully coordinated safety plans for all the prop-gun scenes, we have reached agreements or made purchases/rentals with all of equipment houses in every department.

That means lots of meetings and a location scout this week. All the while, I need to work on storyboards and rehearsals.

But tonight, I'm going to see Public Enemies and do laundry with the wife. I'm so whipped and I love it.

Tomorrow... I will be enjoying the 4th of July with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment